Sunday, March 17, 2013

Starting Over Poem


Starting Over

I’ve lost what I truly held onto the most,
I’ve thrown away my only opportunity
to gain what I wanted the most.
Yet, It is at this point where you will find
Two different kinds of people.

You’ll find people that learn from their experiences.
You’ll find people that are optimistic about the future.
You’ll find people that are willing to move forward
despite the hardships they face at the moment.
All in all, you’ll find people willing to seamlessly
ride the everlasting current.

You’ll find people that make the same mistakes
over and over and over again.
You’ll find people that are pessimistic about the future.
You’ll find people that are stuck where they are,
Emotionally and physically.
All in all, you’ll find people that either refuse to move on,
or are unable to do so.

Where do I fall?
I’d say in between,
But I’m willing to start over even though I can’t.
I’m willing to be optimistic after facing what seems to be a pessimistic future.
I’m willing to move forward even though gravity is holding me back.
All in all, I’m just trying, and truthfully,
I’m trying to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment